Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday nights

So Sunday nights used to be like the worst night of the week for me. After a great weekend you have to gear yourself back up for another week and it just stinks. I hate that because Sunday is supposed to be a day of reflecting on God's goodness and resting in His presence. And yeah, usually Sundays aren't that way for me. I remember once in college when I was sad on a Sunday night my dad told me he used to get the "Sunday blues" when he was in med school. That totally resonated with me and actually made me feel better.   But tonight I am just so thankful for what the Lord has been doing that I had to write about it. And I think the biggest thing I'm thinking tonight is that God is good even when I don't feel like He's doing anything. When I am at my worst, He is still good. And I forget that until I experience it again and then I say I won't forget again. But I do.

So anyway, we are moving to Capitol Hill (yay!) For those of you who don't live in Denver (probably everyone reading this?) Capitol Hill is a really neat area close to the state capitol building downtown. We are super excited to be able to live closer to Jin's school and to be able to be in a fun community with other people our age. And we are living above a Panera...wins all around :) We have also started to get more involved in our church and its been fun!

God has been providing in some pretty obvious ways lately, but the most encouraging thing is that He's been there all along. He has walked with me through the loneliness of the past few months, but the thing is he's been with me my whole life. And He knows all my stuff and still continues to walk with me through it. I guess the biggest thing I've been learning lately is about living in truth. Living in the truth that I have issues. Yeah, I do. That's a fact. But the crazy thing is that God wants to get into those issues with me and bring me to greater healing. Wow. And He might even use me as a counselor as He works in other people's issues. What a huge blessing. These are just my ramblings but I hope it is encouraging to you guys wherever you are at in life. He knows you and He loves you.

So I'm not 100% sure of the historical context of this verse (seminary makes you realize how important that actually is :) but I know God speaks through His Word and this verse means a lot to me right now.

Jeremiah 31:3  the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.


The verses after this talk about Israel returning from exile and not that Denver is exile by any means ;) but it is far away from what used to be home and can be pretty lonely at times. I find a lot of hope in reading about God's love for the Israelites recorded in the Bible. And the Israelites mess up all the time, but the story of God's faithfulness throughout the entire Bible is just amazing. And I'm finally starting to realize how unbelievable it is that I get to be a part of it. Somehow looking at the bigger story makes me understand my stuff just a little bit better. Crazy. 


Here's a random picture of us to make this blog post more interesting. Its from Atlantic Beach, NC. What a fun day that was :) except please excuse my wierd bang situation...it was windy i guess. 





2 comments:

  1. You are awesome!I enjoyed this post alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear about how you're doing! I'm so glad that God has been so faithful to you and Jin's life. :)! Sending much love your way.

    ReplyDelete