Friday, March 30, 2012

Phase 2?

So this blog seems to kind of come and go. But my mom suggested that I start up again and I thought it was a good idea. So here we are. Update: we live in Denver, Colorado now. We've been here for almost 5 months now and we really like it! We made it through the winter and now we finally get to experience the best part of living in Colorado...the summers!!  :)

Anyway, these past few months have been some of the most challenging but also the most exciting. We have moved away from everything familiar (again??) this time to the great Rocky Mountains. God has provided for us in so many ways and I'm still marveling at the fact that we can just pick up and start a life in a random place. If you know me at all you know I am horrible with transitions (maybe God is trying to teach me something??) but we are slowly adjusting to life here. Its definitely hard being so far away from family and friends but we are racking up those frequent flier miles!!

Another update: I finally started my Masters of Counseling at Denver Seminary and it most definitely has been a challenge. But I'm hoping that I have moved out of the "What the heck am I doing?" stage (I hear its normal...?) into the "Wow, this is hard but I think I can actually make it through" stage. I'm pretty sure I will still have plenty of those moments but for now I'm encouraged. I especially love my New Testament class with Dr. Smith. My views on Jesus and the Bible have already been radically challenged but I love it. Studying Jesus in his historical Jewish context has changed my perspective so much. And of course studying what he actually said definitely helps. I've been convicted of my blind acceptance of this assumed knowledge that I have of Jesus and his teachings and been forced to take a sincere look at who he really was and what he really said. I'm thankful to be in a place that fosters this kind of growth. 

Jin will be starting his Masters of Accounting this fall at University of Colorado Denver. I'm so proud of him for working hard and providing for our family these past few months and I'm excited for him to get to pursue this dream. Looks like we will be spending the next few years on the Denver coffee shop tour, maybe Jin will even start liking coffee? 

Anyway, hopefully I can keep this blogging thing up!  I promise to do my best to make it interesting and not just a boring life update every few months. We are on a crazy journey just like all of you and I want to share the thoughts and experiences along the way. Today I realized again how thankful I am for technology that allows us to keep up with everyone we love. Seriously, it makes things so much easier. We love and miss everyone!

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne.

-Emily (& Jin)


3 comments:

  1. Love reading about your life! Thanks for sharing. I'm proud of both of y'all and excited about what God's doing in y'alls lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad to see you are both doing so well. i miss seeing you guys but im glad your journey is a positive one. i wish you both the best & please keep in touch <3

    - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! I love this. So good to hear about what's happening with you and Jin. I'll definitely be reading :)

    ReplyDelete